Make a Plan for Your Pets

Friends of Upland Animal Shelter news at friendsofuplandanimalshelter.org
Fri Apr 3 15:02:23 PDT 2020

  <https://friendsofuplandanimalshelter.org/resources/Pictures/June%202018/Friends%20of%20Upland%20Animal%20Shelter.png>

4 Things to Do for Your Pets Now…

We hope you and your family are doing well.

We, along with the San Bernardino County Coalition of Animal Shelters, would like to remind pet owners to have an emergency plan for your pets amid the COVID-19 crisis.  There is no evidence that COVID-19 affects our beloved pets; however, as we see increasing numbers of people being affected and hospitalized as a result of this pandemic, shelters are preparing for a surge in temporarily homeless animals.

By having a plan, you will not only help your pets be prepared to get through this difficult time, but also help free up space for lost and abandoned animals at the shelter.  This is so important all year, and especially during the Spring kitten season when we see hundreds of kittens enter the shelter.  Here are some tips for your emergency plan:

*	Find a temporary caregiver for your pets if you or someone in your household becomes ill or hospitalize.  This could be a neighbor, family member, friend, pet sitter, or boarding facility. The goal is to keep animals out of shelters so we have room to help lost and abandoned animals.

*	Make sure all pets have proper identification (tag, microchip) with your name and contact information.  You can make an appointment any day of the week to have your pet microchipped by calling the shelter at (909) 931-4185, Option 4.

*	Put together a caregiver kit with extra food, 2-weeks of medication, a kennel or crate, and any other necessary supplies for your pets.
*	Write caregiver instructions for each of your pets with your information (name and phone number), animal medical conditions, treatment instructions, feeding quantities and schedule, whether your pets are up-to-date on vaccinations, your veterinarian's contact information, and contact information for friends or family members who can provide an update on your medical status.  Here's a  <https://friendsofuplandanimalshelter.org/resources/Caregiver%20Card%20and%20Pet%20Care%20Instructions.pdf> template from the House Rabbit Society.

We wish you and your family of people and pets all the best as we all navigate this pandemic together.  If you have any questions about emergency planning for your pets, please send us an e-mail  <mailto:info at friendsofuplandanimalshelter.org> here.

FURst Aid to the Rescue...Scooter's Story

 <https://youtu.be/nIXH2E176BA>

Video Produced by Angelica Loera
Music by  <http://bensound.com> bensound.com

A BIG THANK YOU to Angelica, a former staff member who has cared for
shelter pets herself and is now donating her time to share them with you.

Join Our FURst Aid Donation Drive

A donation of any amount will help us be ready to care for the thousands of animals that will enter the shelter this year and provide both routine and emergency medical care that is so critical to saving and improving the lives of shelter pets.  As a non-profit that relies upon donor support, we really need your help now since we've closed our thrift shop and cancelled our fundraising events.

Plus, when you donate at least $25.00 by April 30, you'll be automatically entered into our "FURst Aid" opportunity drawing for a chance to win one of five gifts that have been donated by generous supporters like you, including a 40-inch Hisense HD 1080p TV, Limited Edition Amazon Echo (Walnut Finish), Amazon Echo Dot, Apple Air Pods, or Ring Doorbell.  We hope these items will help you enjoy staying safer at home.

Donate. Share. Show Your Love.

 <https://friendsofuplandanimalshelter.org/FURst-Aid-Donation> Make a Donation

Other Ways to Help Right Now

Adopt a Friend

You can see all of the lost and available animals at  <https://friendsofuplandanimalshelter.org/Upland-Animal-Shelter> Upland Animal Shelter online.

If you would like to meet an animal you are interested in adopting,
please call (909) 931-4185, Option 4, to make an appointment to visit.

For everyone's safety, we are limiting the number of people in the shelter at any one time.

To see everything we are doing to keep everyone safe, click  <https://friendsofuplandanimalshelter.org/Covid-19> here.

 <http://www.petharbor.com/results.asp?searchtype=ADOPT&start=4&stylesheet=include%2Fdefault.css&frontdoor=1&friends=1&samaritans=1&nosuccess=0&rows=10&imght=120&imgres=thumb&view=sysadm.v_animal&nomax=1&fontface=arial&fontsize=10&zip=91786&miles=200&shelterlist='UPLD'&atype=cat&where=type_CAT&ADDR=undefined&nav=1&page=1>

 <http://www.petharbor.com/results.asp?searchtype=ADOPT&start=4&stylesheet=include%2Fdefault.css&frontdoor=1&friends=1&samaritans=1&nosuccess=0&rows=10&imght=120&imgres=thumb&view=sysadm.v_animal&nomax=1&fontface=arial&fontsize=10&zip=91786&miles=200&shelterlist='UPLD'&atype=cat&where=type_CAT&ADDR=undefined&nav=1&page=1> Adopt a Cat

 <http://www.petharbor.com/results.asp?searchtype=ADOPT&stylesheet=include%2Fdefault.css&frontdoor=1&friends=1&samaritans=1&nosuccess=0&rows=10&imght=120&imgres=thumb&view=sysadm.v_animal&fontface=arial&fontsize=10&zip=91786&miles=200&shelterlist='UPLD'&atype=dog&ADDR=undefined&nav=1&start=4&nomax=1&page=1&where=type_DOG>

 <http://www.petharbor.com/results.asp?searchtype=ADOPT&stylesheet=include%2Fdefault.css&frontdoor=1&friends=1&samaritans=1&nosuccess=0&rows=10&imght=120&imgres=thumb&view=sysadm.v_animal&fontface=arial&fontsize=10&zip=91786&miles=200&shelterlist='UPLD'&atype=dog&ADDR=undefined&nav=1&start=4&nomax=1&page=1&where=type_DOG> Adopt a Dog

  <https://friendsofuplandanimalshelter.org/resources/Pictures/January%202020/Puppy.jpg>

Be A FURst Responder!
Have Some Down Time? Be a Foster

Our youngest and most vulnerable puppies and kittens need all the help they can get.  They are too small to stay in the shelter and must be fostered in a home environment until they are old enough to be adopted.  Be a lifesaver by becoming a foster.  Start the foster care process now by following the link below to fill out our online Foster Application.

 <https://friendsofuplandanimalshelter.org/Foster> Become a Foster

 <https://smile.amazon.com>

Shop Amazon Smile

AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support us, at no cost to you.  When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you'll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as at Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to Friends of Upland Animal Shelter.

Here's how it works. On your first visit to  <https://smile.amazon.com> AmazonSmile, select Friends of Upland Animal Shelter as the charitable organization to receive donations from your eligible purchases before you begin shopping. Every eligible purchase you make thereafter will result in a donation.

 <https://smile.amazon.com> Amazon Smile

 <https://catspride.com/member-dashboard>

Help Our Cats
With Cat's Pride Litter for Good

For every Green Jug of Cat's Pride you buy online, we'll receive a pound of litter for our shelter cats.  Just sign up for the free Cat's Pride Club to order your litter.  While you're there, be sure to nominate Friends of Upland Animal Shelter to receive even more litter.

 <https://catspride.com/member-dashboard> Join the Cat's Pride Club

  <https://friendsofuplandanimalshelter.org/resources/Pictures/March%202020/Cat%20Sitting%20on%20Car.jpg>

Donate Your Vehicle
Save Shelter Pets By Donating Your Vehicle

Charitable Adult Rides & Services (CARS) is still open for business and is helping us turn your car, motorcycle, boat, plane, or recreational vehicle into a gift to help shelter pets.  We can accept cars, trucks, motorcycles, trailers, boats, planes, skidoos, and more.  Plus, your vehicle does not have to be in running condition or registered.

 <https://friendsofuplandanimalshelter.org/Vehicles> Donate Your Vehicle

Thank You to Our Great Sponsors

 <http://www.nickelanddimebookkeeping.com>   <https://vcahospitals.com>   <https://www.acutintpro.com>

 <http://www.heavenlypetresort.com/upland>   <https://unbrandedsp.com>   <http://www.uplandcommunityfdn.org>